[Gllug] Internet dial-up scam

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 6 20:29:53 UTC 2004

On Tue 06 Apr, Jason Clifford wrote:

> This is something that ICSTIS have failed to address time and time again.
> They are responsible for licening premium rate services and policing the
> industry yet they never act so as to really penalise anyone who takes the
> piss.

   The programme seemed to imply that there has been a recent surge that is
being dealt with, please report any suspicions. Agreed that if you use M$ it
is at your own risk, I do not, and am amazed that people continue to use
their box when it opens every suspicious email in turn before they get a
chance to delete it.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk