Smart card reader (was: Re: [Gllug] natwest fantasticness)

David Irvine maillist at glasgownet.com
Tue Apr 6 13:39:19 UTC 2004

> > Anyway as an upshot of this I now have a smartcard reader with a
> > serial port connector.
> > Ideas on how to make this thing go under Linux?  Are smartcards and
> > readers standardized?  I'm a bit reluctant to plug in my bank card in
> > there at the moment :-)

Probably best to try with a reward card rather than your bank card.

I wrote some epos software a while ago, and most of the stuff was
modbus, it was fairly simple to use, it just spewed the raw data down
the serial line which you could read into your application, it was
terminated with crlf.

I've never tried writing something however.

David

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk