[Gllug] realtek 8139too drivers

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sun Apr 18 07:53:27 UTC 2004

On Sun 18 Apr, NorthLondon John wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've had failed installs with Debian (beta 3 installer) and Gentoo
> 2004.0, both for the same reason - unable to load the 8139 ethernet
> drivers.

> Has anyone had similar problems, or heard something about this?

   This is a common problem. There are too many chip variations, so there
are now two drivers, either of which may work. Try the driver module called
8139too instead of the one already in the kernel. You may need to add it to
the list in /etc/modules to get it loaded on re-boot, depending on the
particular distro version.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk