[Gllug] Backup MX record

Jason Clifford gllug at jason.ukpost.com
Tue Apr 20 14:33:38 UTC 2004

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Kristian Davies wrote:

> We currently use our ISP for backup MX records, and i've noticed that 80% of
> spam comes through these relay servers.
>
> Would there be any advantage from changing it to this:-
>
> 10 primary mx
> 50 relay1
> 50 relay2
> 99 primary mx

For some (currently much) spam yes it is likely that making this change
will reduce the ability of spammers to get through.

You might also consider seeing if your ISP offers any anti-spam
facilities on the backup MX servers.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £23.75 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk