[Gllug] Help : Two basic problems

wendy carr wendy_carr2003 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 16 14:48:17 UTC 2004

Hi,
I need help on two basic problems.I guess thses may
look little stupid but i cant seem to find any
solution.

fetchmail:

I am using kmail to POP my mails and when I use:
fetchmail -k
it is keeping a copy in the remote server and getting
the mails to my local client.When I check next time,
it is downloading ALL the mails again to my local
client.
Is there any way to get only NEW mail, Which I havent
POPed to the local client while keeping a copy of all
messages on the mailserver?

Printing
How do i share a printer which is connected to linux
server with a linux desktop ?. I managed connecting
between linux and windows machines using samaba but
not among two linux pc's.

Got any suggestions ?

Thanks

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk