[Gllug] hardware information through linux

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Mon Apr 26 11:18:30 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 11:44, Ben Fitzgerald wrote:

> Are there any cross-distro command line tools that query
> hardware and dump it to stdout? I appreciate I could
> write a script to get quite a bit but I'm wondering
> if a comprehensive tool already exists.

Stresslinux includes lshw

http://ezix.sourceforge.net/software/lshw.html

I think that's right up your street, in your front door and
sitting on your sofa drinking tea.

If anyone's at all interested:

    product: VT8623-8235
    vendor: VIA Technologies, Inc.
    capabilities: smbios-2.2 dmi-2.2
  *-core
       product: EPIA-M
       physical id: 0
     *-firmware
          vendor: Award Software International, Inc.
          physical id: 0
          version: 6.00 PG (03/17/2003)
          size: 128KB
          capacity: 192KB
          capabilities: isa pci pnp apm upgrade shadowing escd cdboot
bootselect socketedrom edd int13floppy360 int13floppy1200 int13floppy720
int13floppy2880 int5printscreen int9keyboard int14serial int17printer
int10video acpi usb agp ls120boot zipboot biosbootspecification
     *-cpu
          product: VIA Nehemiah
          vendor: CentaurHauls
          physical id: 4
          version: VIA C3
          slot: Socket 370
          size: 1GHz
          capacity: 1GHz
          clock: 133MHz
          capabilities: fpu fpu_exception wp de tsc msr mtrr pge cmov
mmx fxsr sse

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk