[Gllug] Debian hosting recommendations

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Tue Apr 13 11:08:12 UTC 2004

I'm reasonably happy with my current hosting provider [1] but it's never a
good idea to have all your eggs in one basket. So I'm looking for
recommended dedicated hosting providers that offer and support Debian.

Hardware requirements are modest but we need reasonably clueful support
available 24x7 and the box managed to OS level.

I've heard good things about Rackspace but they don't support Debian,
although they will install it. After that you're on your own.

We also have a standby virtual server with Bytemark so they won't do as a
primary service unfortunately.

Any recommendations ?

Simon.

[1] www.positive-internet.com