[Gllug] Debian hosting recommendations

David Pashley david at davidpashley.com
Tue Apr 13 11:28:49 UTC 2004

On Apr 13, 2004 at 12:08, Simon Wilcox praised the llamas by saying:

> I'm reasonably happy with my current hosting provider [1] but it's never a
> good idea to have all your eggs in one basket. So I'm looking for
> recommended dedicated hosting providers that offer and support Debian.
>
> Hardware requirements are modest but we need reasonably clueful support
> available 24x7 and the box managed to OS level.
>
> I've heard good things about Rackspace but they don't support Debian,
> although they will install it. After that you're on your own.
>
> We also have a standby virtual server with Bytemark so they won't do as a
> primary service unfortunately.
>
> Any recommendations ?
>
> Simon.
>
> [1] www.positive-internet.com

I can recommend

http://www.pepperfish.com
http://www.bash.sh
http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk

They are all run by Debian Developers and are very clueful. I'm not sure
if they are 24x7. You may need to check with them.

--
David Pashley
david at davidpashley.com