[Gllug] Setting up SW firewall (Was Sharing NTL broadband using weedless router)

Andrew Roberts ar at nooneishere.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 12:36:10 UTC 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:36:41 +0100, Benjamin Edwards
<bedwards at rnli.org.uk> wrote:

> Therefore the NTL box is going to be initially connected straight to
> the Debian Box (I will authenticate using windowz).  What I want to know
> is the easiest way of setting up a firewall no this box (preferably with
> snort).  I think I can filter between eth0:0 and eth0:1 but am not too
> sure how to set this up and what firewall (debian) package to use.  Is
> there one with sensible preset rules set up and a web (webmin)
> interface.

I would recommend using shorewall. It was easy to set up and appears
to be very well thought out. It also has a webmin module, although
personally i've never used it.
--
Andrew Roberts                              ASCII ribbon campaign /"\
ar AT nooneishere.co.uk                      - against HTML email \ /
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk