[Gllug] Server cases

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 9 11:54:17 UTC 2004

On Fri 09 Apr, Ashley Evans wrote:

> I have a Corsa 5dr. Maybe I should get dimensions first?

   The main box is about 22 inches wide, 25 inches high, 30 inches deep, and
SGI suggest a clear space around the case. Each RAID vault is about the size
of a medium size PC "tower" case. I collected it from a flat in the Vauxhall
area after the previous occupant had left for India. There were supposed to
have been various other accessories and cables, but the new occupant had not
sorted through the boxes of bits remaining, and I have not heard that any
have been found yet. We managed to get it down a narrow staircase from the
flat on about the 4th floor, but it was a struugle.
   The main case is in a carrying bag designed for delivering sand or
ballast, so there are four handles for 4 strong people to help me unload it
from my car. I can even get the RAID cases and monitor in, but it is then
about the limit for my Volvo 240 estate.
   I am in the North Acton / Park Royal area, by the A40

> I'll still be looking for a big case to house my dual xeons btw. I'm also
> interested in any other non-x86 style hardware people have got.
>
> Ashley

C & J Computers Ltd
020 8838 2568, F020 8963 1367
C & J Computers Ltd
Unit 9, Commercial Way,
Abbey Road Industrial Park,
Park Royal,
London,
NW10 7XF
sales at cjcomputers.co.uk, www.cjcomputers.co.uk
Computer cases, psu, fans, etc

Acme Technology
020 8963 3300, F020 8963 3307
Acme Technology
1 Willenfield Road,
Park Royal,
London,
NW10 7BQ
www.acme-technology.co.uk www.acmetech.co.uk
sales at acme-technology.co.uk sales at acmetech.co.uk
Computer cases including best quality rack mount

   I also have some old Apple bits rescued as they were about to fall into a
skip, and an overloaded floor.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk