[Gllug] Interesting article on the MS monopoly

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Mon Apr 19 09:05:13 UTC 2004

Nix writes:

>- Xft fonts under fontconfig control. These are pointed to by
>  /etc/fonts/fonts.conf and /etc/fonts/local.conf (XML config
>  files, *ick*). I'm sure this config file is really useful, but
>  the need to read through all that vomit-on-the-screen XML has
>  greatly reduced my desire to actually learn what it can do.

As with so many things you've written, well said. XML has its uses[1].
Config files are not one of them. Were you not so hung up on emacs,
I'd be hero worshiping you by now :-)

Tet

[1] The number of uses could be greatly increased if it could just do
    comments properly. The concept of invalid characters within a comment
    is brain dead beyond belief.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk