[Gllug] Wireless access point/ADSL Modem/Router

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 20:32:12 UTC 2004

Chris Bell wrote:
>>[0] I phoned up and asked them if a certain product would dial my ADSL
>>connection, the salesman said yes[1] so I bought one.  I got it a few
>>days later to discover that it doesn't.  I called up and they offered me
>>either a discount off an ADSL modem to do the dialing, which was a lousy
>>deal, or said I could return it although I would lose the postage both
>>ways if I did.
>
>    Not sure what you mean by dialling your ADSL connection.

I plug it into the phone line and configure it, and it presents me with
an ethernet socket I can plug into my network.  I don't think it
requires too much imagination to understand what I meant.  I reckon I
would have confused the salesman (who today told me he had never heard
of WEP) if I had userd your description.

Will.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk