[Gllug] opinion on the lpi exams

Ben Fitzgerald ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 15 13:23:29 UTC 2004

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 01:17:59PM +0100, Dan Kolb wrote:
> Pete Ryland wrote:
>
> >It was multi-guess, like most other certification quizes, and IMO not
> >really
> >worth doing as it proves little if you already have experience - my excuse
> >is that I was just bored at the time. :-)
>
> Well, for ?15 for an exam, it's worth doing simply for the CV points :)
> (and if you don't pass, ?15 isn't too much to lose).

Yup. I have RHCE but others still like LPI, so I can't see it'll
hurt. Plus from the test papers I've seen lpi will help me brush
up some command line areas I don't bother with (e.g. xargs +
paste) - this will do me no harm!

> I wonder if they're going to have a couple of LPI102 papers - it'd be
> nice to get the whole certification for ?30.

They have used their initiative by offering 101 and 201 for £15.

You therefore have to sit the 102 or 202 at full-whack to get the
complete cert. This is a good way of getting people into lpi at
little cost to the candidate so I can't complain.

Ben
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk