[Gllug] Lonix - The London Linux User Group (Linux Expo Meeting - Ap

Tushar tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Fri Apr 16 03:12:00 UTC 2004

Hi ,

Here are the details of the next meeting for Lonix,

Date:  Wednesday 21 Apr 2004
Time:  6.00pm onwards
Place: The Champion - 1 Wellington Terrace W2 4LW - 0207 243 6054
Map: http://tinyurl.com/2nta9
Nearest Tube:  Nottinghill Gate. Bus 27 or 28 from Olympia.
Phone: 020 8896 2600

This month we'll be going to the Champion in Nottinghill
Gate. Which is a stone's throw from Olympia where the
Linux User and Developer show is happening this month
on the 20th and 21st (next week). If you are going to
come along to the show you must register here to gain
free entrance.

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/expo

We'll meet up at the end of the show (5.00pm) and go
down in a group (21st). If you're going there on your
own the nearest tube is Nottinghill Gate and it's a
short walk to the Champion. On exiting the station head
towards the Waterstones/Rhymans direction. You'll see
the Champion on your left.

This pub has only just opened in the last week with
new management (if you knew the old pub ;) ) and we
have the entire downstairs and beer garden reserved
for us. A variety of fine ales and beers are served
as well as a huge selection of reasonably priced
food, from sausage and mash to cray fish.

Thanks to uklinux.net we have a stand at this years
Linux User and Developer conference and if you'd like
to help out on the stand drop me a line. We'll be
flogging more Lonix Polo Shirts and handing out User
Group propaganda to brain wash anyone who dares to walk by!
Also, those that have bought a Lonix Polo shirt already
please wear it on Wednesday since I'd like to take
a photo with everyone who has one (to replace the current
3 year old picture on the website).

If you're around on the 20th at the show there is a pizza
party at Pizza Express. However you need to purchase
advanced tickets from Brian Teeman on 0870 7406575
for 15.75. This includes a 3 course meal and entertainment
in the form of Brian's tap dancing act. You must pay
for this evening before 6.00pm Friday. Credit/Debit
card bookings accepted.

Also as if the above 2 outings weren't enough, we have
another meeting on the 29th April (this month). An
evening of perl talks will commence at 6.15pm with
Dave Cross, Mark Fowler, Andy Wardley and Simon Cozens
all taking you from the basics of what perl is to
the advanced topics. You must register for attendance
on www.lonix.org.uk. Talk to be held at City University.
More details are again on www.lonix.org.uk.

Ok hope this email wasn't too much of a mouthful and
hope to see you next week.

Tushar

This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to the Lonix
meetings notification e-mail list. If you have any questions concerning
this please contact support at lonix.org.uk

Your Lonix Account Details are:
Login via : http://www.lonix.org.uk
Username: gllug at linux.co.uk