[Gllug] re: adsl ping problem

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 07:11:18 UTC 2004

Something looks rather odd with your specimen ping report.
You mention adsl modem I think  - is it a USB 'modem' or an ethernet nat'ing
router (make/model might help others?).
When I do a ping test on my adsl router the sequenece count increments by 1
each time, whereas on your report it remains set to 1.   Also there is some
highly suspicious with each time being and exact number of seconds plus .1
second.   Makes me wonder whether the problem lies entirely with the adsl
modem or also with the machine/o-s that is doing the pinging.  Incidentally,
I get ping times of between 0.580 and 0.700 millseconds.

Tim

This E-Mail and any files transmitted  with it, are confidential
whom they are addressed. If you have received this message
in error please notify the sender and delete the message.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk