[Gllug] GLLUG InstallFest Saturday 24th April 2004

GLLUG Organiser gllugadmin at gllug.org.uk
Tue Apr 20 23:31:27 UTC 2004

	[Apologies for the very late posting of this, we are in need of some
	volunteers to give some talks/presentations, and also generally
	to provide assistance to any newbies]

  The Greater London Linux User Group is having another InstallFest!

  There is a GLLUG meeting on Saturday 24th April 2004, between
  noon and 5pm

  We will be meeting in the New Cavendish Street campus of Westminster
  University. This is in the shadow of the BT Tower, the nearest tube
  stations are Great Portland Street, Warren Street and Goodge Street.
  You will find a map at http://www.wmin.ac.uk/static/maps.asp or via
  http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?postcode2map?W1W+6UW.

  NOTE: You will need to sign in at the front desk to gain access to the
  building.

  This event is FREE to members and non-members alike, if you want to
  join GLLUG, sign on to the gllug-announce mailing list, detailed
  on the Online page of the GLLUG web site [http://www.gllug.org.uk].

SCHEDULE
========

  The precise schedule of activities will be posted on the website.

  We hope to have several presentations, on Installation related issues.
  These will take place in the large lecture theatre on the second floor:

12:00
  Doors open.

12:40 - 12:45
  Welcome and Introduction.

13:00 - 16:45
  Various presentations.

16:45 - 17:00
  Closing Announcements

* Do please be aware that we can't guarantee that the talks will
  happen at the times stated, but we will do our best to make sure they do.

OTHER ACTIVITIES
================
  We have two lab areas, one opposite the main lecture room on the second
  floor, mostly used for chatting and accessing the Internet. There is
  also a larger lab down in the basement, room number LG17.  There will be
  signs directing people there.

  People can also bring and setup their own machines. You can do this
  if you have something to show off, or you are looking for a solution
  to some problems. If your are bringing in your own machine, make sure
  you sign it in when you arrive, otherwise security won't let you take
  it when you go! We'll have monitors, keyboards, mice, and powerleads
  available. [So no need to lug all that stuff].

  We will have access to some of the latest iso images and some CD-Burners.

  If you decide to bring a PC, please have the serial number written down
  ahead of time, in case it needs to be registered at the ground floor
  Reception. We may also take a picture of you and your PC as proof of
  ownership or if it's real pretty :-).

  The two labs are the places you can go to, should you be looking for
  sanctuary away from the formal talks. If we're lucky the Refectory on
  the ground floor will have its food and drinks machines restocked.

SALES
=====
  Josette Garcia from O'Reilly will be with us between
  12pm and 3pm, so if you are looking to buy some O'Reilly
  books, now's your chance.  And yes - we do get 25% off
  the cover price. If you have any specific requests to
  buy or look at any O'Reilly books, please contact
  josette at oreilly.co.uk

AFTER
=====
  After the meeting, for those that want, the group will move off to
  'The Green Man' public house, opposite Great Portland Street Tube.
  Even if you were unable to make the daytime meeting, please feel
  free to join us at the pub. To help you find the pub have a look
  at the link on the website.

 NEXT MEETING

 -- Steve Cobrin

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk