[Gllug] Re: Any bank not in the dark ages?

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Fri Aug 20 10:01:44 UTC 2004

Stig Brautaset wrote:
> I tried getting a coop account, but after 2-3 months of them screwing
> around with my applications (yes, I too gave them the benefit of the
> doubt and applied once more after they screwed up the first time).

I've now spent two months trying to get a joint account with Smile,
and I've finally given up.  Apparently they are unaware of the fact
that people change their names when they get married (yes,
unbelievable that isn't it ...), so it's basically impossible for my
wife to get together enough proof of identity.  Even a signed letter
from her doctor which we had to go out of the way to get was rejected.

Also their website does some strange thing with Javascript which makes
it impossible to focus on any field ...

So I'm _still_ looking for an online bank with a clue ...

Rich.

MONOLITH is an advanced framework for writing web applications in C, easier
than using Perl & Java, much faster and smaller, reusable widget-based arch,
database-backed, discussion, chat, calendaring:
http://www.annexia.org/freeware/monolith/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk