[Gllug] Re: Any bank not in the dark ages?

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Fri Aug 20 10:14:04 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 11:01, Richard Jones wrote:
> I've now spent two months trying to get a joint account with Smile,
> and I've finally given up.  Apparently they are unaware of the fact
> that people change their names when they get married (yes,
> unbelievable that isn't it ...), so it's basically impossible for my
> wife to get together enough proof of identity.  Even a signed letter
> from her doctor which we had to go out of the way to get was rejected.
>
> Also their website does some strange thing with Javascript which makes
> it impossible to focus on any field ...
>
> So I'm _still_ looking for an online bank with a clue ...
>
> Rich.

Dare I say it, but natwest have been very good to me,

thier site even works on my linux box without much hastle (you did once
need java i think, but this might not be the case now as i never see it
load an applet) ive had no bother at all under mozilla, epiphany or
firefox,

we also have a mortgage with them, this however I would not reccomend,
its not cheap,

the best thing about natwest is that you can do anything (apart from get
some foreign currency) at any branch or over the phone, none of this 'go
back to your branch' stuff like i got with lloyds.

Ian
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk