[Gllug] ADSL modem -- WTF?

adam at thebowery.co.uk adam at thebowery.co.uk
Tue Aug 3 19:46:51 UTC 2004

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 07:55:52PM +0100, Chris Bell wrote:

>    A wireless point can be greatly affected by its surroundings, such as a
> steel-framed building, so it could help if the box is moved around. The
> wavelength is short, so it may only require a small movement, but a loose
> conducting mesh similar to a chain link fence could cause a large effect.

Yes, but the problem is nothing to do with wireless reception, it works all the
way to the summer house in the garden through 3 brick walls. Like I have said
in the previous mail the problem is that the router firmware is a bit crap and
crashes the wlan connection, I mean the flashy wireless light on the front of
the router goes out and the router says that the wireless is down!

Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li
AFFS || http://www.affs.org.uk/ || Not a filesystem
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk