[Gllug] external hard drive recommendations

Mike Leigh MikeL at hornbill.com
Wed Aug 4 10:18:54 UTC 2004

One touch means you press the button once.  All the button does is launch an
application that you specify on a windows box.  I.e. you could create a
backup script and have the one touch button call the script.

The function of the drivers is to set the drive sleep time (1 hour, never
etc) and set which program to launch when you press the button.

That's all it does.

If you don't want the button to do anything and you are happy with the
default of 1 hour of inactivity lets the drive  sleep then you do not need
to install any software for the drive.

hth

Mike