[Gllug] E-Mail to SMS Advice

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Tue Aug 17 12:11:41 UTC 2004

Mario wrote:
> Ideally I would like to send an E-mail similar to:  <mobile
> number>@sms-gateway.co.uk.  I have found some commercially available
> services but am interested in finding out about any Linux-based
> solutions available.
>
> Any advice from past experiences, specific links to sites that I could
> use etc. would be appreciated.

I've used smsclient to do this, but to be honest the grief of
maintaining an analog line and modem makes this a bit of a pain.

I'd recommend using one of the online sms gateways - the cost is about
the same, and it's a zillion times easier to set up.  Obviously not much
use if you want to alert to the fact your internet connection is down,
but good otherwise ;)

I'm using http://www.esendex.com/, and it works very well.

Cheers,

Doug.

--
6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC 609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
http://adju.st/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk