[Gllug] AOL broadband through ntl

Amias Channer gllug at amias.org.uk
Tue Aug 17 13:53:35 UTC 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:06:30 +0100
Pip <gl.lug at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 17 Aug 2004 13:55, farnsaw at stonedoor.com wrote:
>
> >   Not necessarily recommended, but it does work on AOL Dialup.  Just
> > do "Internet Connection Sharing" on the Winders box and then connect to the
> > ethernet card (or 2nd card) on the box with a crossover cable or
> > hub/switch/lan.  This adds a NAT layer, but it will get you out.
>
> Neat trick. Unfortunately, I don't have two separate boxes, just one with dual
> boot, so it's not going to work for me. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Maybe some kind of wine install of the AOL software might work ?
and , for extra hideousness , windriver running its network driver .

oooh , i feel queasy.

also you could try bringing the connection up in windows and copying the ip settings (winipcfg)
and setting the nic to use the same ones in linux . It might not speak normal dhcp but could work
if the nic gets the right ip .

Toodle-pip
Amias
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk