[Gllug] Debian Xfree problem

NorthLondon John northlondonjohn at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 8 22:41:22 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've just installed Debian via the new installer (rc 1). And it works!

Except there's something funny going on with the screen (lcd display -
it's a laptop). The display is a rectangle (800x600) in the middle of
the screen, ie not using all the real estate.

I've had this problem before on this box (weird hardware) but always
been able to solve it, using an option in the KDE control centre, or (I
think) a config tool.

But I can't work out if Debian has an Xfree config tool. I was under
the impression that apt-get allowed one to sort configurations for
software - true or no?

Anyway, pointers appreciated.

PS: It's just occurred to me that Debian testing comes with Xfree -
does anyone know if an upgrade to X.org is in the works? Ta.

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk