[Gllug] Phone unlocking

Ashley Evans ashley at seamlessrecruitment.com
Mon Aug 2 16:28:27 UTC 2004

FORSTER, David wrote:

> [...]
Nokia doesn't necessarily get to sell another phone because it is
possible to get the Network to give you the unlock code.

Starting anti flame-war protcols: IMHO, FWIV

It's seems to me that it's just another tactic of "good businesses" -
see Richard's post - to extend their already big and profitable market
share.

Otherwise I find Nokia to produce some fantastic phones and other
equipment. Maybe they could have said "Oragne, no". Of course that
brings in all the other considerations ... :)

Ashley
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk