[Gllug] Locked in DVD!

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Aug 22 11:05:36 UTC 2004

On Sunday 22 Aug 2004 11:55 am, Chris Bell wrote:
> On Sun 22 Aug, Matthew King wrote:
> > A paperclip, about 2/3 inches long, poked into the little hole under the
> > drawer. It may need a little, though not too much force.
>
>    But not with power on, the problem is to remove the disc but not even
> re-boot the computer.

I think he was suggesting pushing the release button on the DVD drive, rather
than the "reset" button.  Both of the drives on the box in front of me now (a
Yamaha DVD drive and an HP CD-rewriter drive) have small holes just under the
drawer which, if prodded, open the drawer.  I have, on occasion, had to
resort to the release button when I've done something silly, and then
un-mounted the non-existant disk.  Perhaps not the ideal way to deal with the
problem, but effective!

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk