[Gllug] very very cheap hosting

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Wed Aug 18 17:32:32 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 17:21, Ben Whyte wrote:
> > Im looking for the cheapest possible hosting i can find, even if its an
> > old PII, as long as the host will install debian for me,
> >
> > at the moment i have found one for 25 per month that will do this. for
> > this i get 50gb of traffic, 5IPs and a PII 450 with 128mb ram and a 6gb
> > disk,
> >
> > anyone know of any cheaper?
>

> Possibly, what you looking to do with the hosting ?

All i really need it for is to host two or three websites that use my
own perl/mysql and host my dns and mail, nothing particularly high
volume, my current setup is sufficiant in terms of bandwidth etc but i
often get power cuts etc. I wouldnt need more than 1 static ip, and not
more than about 6gb of disk space, but root on the box would be fairly
essential as i intend to use it for some university work (for one of my
final projects) where i would need to be writing some kernel modules.

i cant see myself exceeding 4gb or so of traffic a month, even that is
allowing for quite alot extra

Ian
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk