[Gllug] very very cheap hosting

Martin A. Brooks martin at clues.ltd.uk
Sat Aug 21 20:27:10 UTC 2004

Mike Brodbelt wrote:

>>Oh well, that's us out, we won't touch MySQL.
>>

>Why on earth not? I can see reasons for preferring or not preferring it
>for your own application development, but I can't see any reason why
>you'd refuse to host it for someone. What's the problem?

People seem to confuse it for a relational database.

http://sql-info.de/mysql/gotchas.html

This one made me chuckle quite a lot:

http://sql-info.de/mysql/database-definition.html#2_4

And this one scared the living bejesus out of me:

http://sql-info.de/mysql/referential-integrity.html#3_5

The problem, essentially, is that people who pay me to host it will
expect me to support it.  That I am simply not willing to do.

--
Martin A. Brooks, Clues Ltd.
http://www.clues.ltd.uk/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk