[Gllug] very very cheap hosting

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 21 22:38:23 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 21:27, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> Mike Brodbelt wrote:

> >Why on earth not? I can see reasons for preferring or not preferring it
> >for your own application development, but I can't see any reason why
> >you'd refuse to host it for someone. What's the problem?
> >

> People seem to confuse it for a relational database.

It's a very useful little tool, IMO. If you need foreign keys and
enforcement of referential integrity it's the wrong tool, admittedly.

> The problem, essentially, is that people who pay me to host it will
> expect me to support it.  That I am simply not willing to do.

Ah - that's down to how you write your hosting contracts. There are
plenty of places that offer hosted applications while making it patently
clear that support for logic built using them is the users problem, not
the hosting providers.

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk