[Gllug] apt-get problem (removing gnome-games)

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Aug 20 22:10:09 UTC 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Stig Brautaset uttered the following:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 04:14:09PM +0100, Ashley Evans wrote:
>> echo alias gnobots2=\'rm -rf /\' >> ~/.bash_rc
>>
>> hmm, this is taking longer than usual to load... oops, won't play that
>> again :)
>
> If you should ever feel compelled to post such immature responses again:
> don't.

It's called a joke, and the probability that it would actually do any
harm is miniscule.

> To the OP: I have no reason to believe you will be stupid enough to
> follow Ashley's (terrible) advice, but in case you feel compelled:
> don't.

It'll do no harm unless you're dumb enough to run gnobots2 as root,
which you're unlikely to be doing unless you or your distro vendor has
patched gtk so that it does not refuse to run as root. If you've done
that, you know what you're doing: if your distro vendor's done that,
then deleting a distro with such a dangerous attitude to security
is probably doing everyone a favour. :)

--
`The copyright file is for everyone.  That we make it available in
 plain-text, uncompressed form rather than in spinning, throbbing

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk