[Gllug] Anyone having problems with KDE CVS?

Pip gl.lug at ntlworld.com
Sat Aug 21 07:32:48 UTC 2004

Over the past couple of weeks, I haven't been able to compile such things as
kdenetwork, kdepim and koffice, getting error messages that seem to relate to
kdelibs.

make[4]: Entering directory `/CVS/KDE/kdenetwork/kopete/kopete'
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++  -Wnon-virtual-dtor
-Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align
-Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -O2
-Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new
-fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL
-DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION    -o kopete -no-undefined
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib -L/usr/include/kde/lib
-R /usr/include/kde/lib -R /usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib -R /usr/X11R6/lib
-lktexteditor main.o kopeteapplication.o kopeteiface.o systemtray.o
kopeteballoon.o kopetewindow.o kopeteaccountstatusbaricon.o kimifaceimpl.o
kopeteiface_skel.o kimiface_skel.o
addcontactwizard/libkopeteaddcontactwizard.la
contactlist/libkopetecontactlist.la
config/plugins/libkopetepluginconfig.la ../libkopete/libkopete.la
/usr/include/kde/lib/libkdeui.so: undefined reference to
`KShortcut::remove(KKeySequence const&)'
/usr/include/kde/lib/libkio.so: undefined reference to
`KProtocolInfo::proxiedBy(QString const&)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [kopete] Error 1

I can't find anything in the source files that actually states
"KShortcut::remove(KKeySequence const&)" as the files themselves give
variable names and give the reference in what seems like the right order -

	void remove( const KKeySequence& keySeq );

I can't find anything on Google relating to this, and KDE says it has no major
bugs, so what could be different on my set up to everybody elses?
I've got Fedora Core 2 running, but that doesn't seem important in this
context.

Pip
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk