[Gllug] portable mp3 player

Craig Millar craig at shapero.com
Mon Aug 2 22:05:57 UTC 2004

Earlier this year i bought an ipod for my partner. As I no longer run
windows (or wine) in any form at home I had to make use of the sbp2
modules in the kernels and gtkpod along with a couple of custom scripts
to do the mounting which did a satisfactory job. I am now considering
getting an ipod mini for myself and was wondering: are there any other
portable mp3 players that I should consider in its stead, primarily
taking into account ease of use and software under linux. gtkpod,
although streets ahead of other linux based offerings, does have its
limitations. Has anyone tried out any competing players, would
appreciate any comments you may have.

Thanks,
Craig
PS At some stage, ie when I think it is mature enough, would like to try
out loading http://ipodlinux.sourceforge.net/ onto an ipod, has anyone
tried it?
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk