[Gllug] Cygwin problems or X problems?

Robert P. McKenzie rmckenzi at rpmdp.com
Wed Aug 18 10:09:30 UTC 2004

Adrian McMenamin wrote:

> I using cygwin over SSH to remotely operate kmail and, after some sort of
> freeze/crash with an X app I am having all sorts of problems.
>
> Essentially I can no-longer paste from the windows box into the X apps. I acn
> longer even launch oo writer by clicking on attachments - it gives me a
> message that klauncher can not be contacted by DCOP.
>
> The SSH server is 300 miles away and if I reboot it will be assigned a new IP
> address and I won't know what that is!

While it's not answer to your X problem, you may want something like this in one
of the start up files on the system:

lynx -dump http://www.whatismyip.com | grep "Your IP is" | awk '{print $4}' |
mail -s "New IP address" youraddress at blah.com

It's simple and will send you an email..

--
Robert P. McKenzie                 |   GammaRay Technical Services Ltd
rmckenzi at rpmdp.com                 |             rob at gammaray-tech.com
http://www.uk-experience.com       |      http://www.gammaray-tech.com
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk