[Gllug] FC2 with 2.4 kernel rpms?

Garry Heaton garry at heaton6.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Aug 24 14:12:52 UTC 2004

I have an unfortunate combination of ASUS AN768X-E Deluxe/ATI Radeon 9600XT
which won't play nicely with Fedora Core 2 plus ATI fglrx drivers. It's not
ATI's fault, it seems, as nVidia haven't released an AGPGART module for 2.6.
Tried White Box EL 3.0 but after configuring the ATI driver correctly the
system crashes on testing 'fglrxinfo' and 'glxgears'.

I had it working fine on FC1 but it won't be supported after mid-Sept. so
I'm wondering if I can run 2.4 within FC2? Anybody have any experience of
this? What are the gotchas?

Garry
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk