[Gllug] 'safe' deletion of files

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Aug 12 13:12:45 UTC 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Ashley Evans stated:
> Why not add secure deleting to regular 'rm', have rms* and rm to do
> pretend delete and real delete respectively.

The historically correct name for this command would probably be
`dws', after the ancient `dws' command which eventually morphed
into the -i flag to rm(1). :)

--
`The copyright file is for everyone.  That we make it available in
 plain-text, uncompressed form rather than in spinning, throbbing

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk