[Gllug] external hard drive recommendations

Richard Hall r.j.hall at rhul.ac.uk
Wed Aug 4 10:12:00 UTC 2004

We use the Maxtor One touch 250GB drives for secondary backup on an
encrypted partition.   I've been very happy with them so far.   Good
solid metal cases which is good if you are moving them around a lot.
The down side is they are quite heavy due to the robustness.   I don't
have to carry them far so the weight is not an issue for me but it might
be if you want extra storage for a laptop.

Rich

=== === === === === === === === ===
Richard Hall
Systems Administrator
Information Security Group
Royal Holloway, University of London
Tel: +44 (0)1784 44 3111
Fax: +44 (0)1784 430766
gpg Key fingerprint:
D3AC 1999 9ECC F458 DFCC  FF00 1ACA 8812 F055 BF2F

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk