{CONTENT} RE: [Gllug] Network vulnerability assessment

Dan Kolb gllug at eco.li
Wed Aug 18 15:29:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 04:23:35PM +0100, Ian Norton wrote:

> Neil, it seems that my university removes large chunks of your emails as
> it thinks they are windows exe attachments, does any one else get this?
> i get an attachment text file with a warning about 'winmail.dat'

This is a really wonderful Outlookism - if the Outlook is set to use Rich Text
Format to write an email, then it and any attachments are all bundled together
in a winmail.dat attachment. Which, of course, means that no-one else can read
it unless they're using Outlook.

I'm far too tired at the moment to point out what a fucking stupid idea this
is, so I'm sure someone else will.

Dan
--
Earth is a great, big funhouse without the fun.
		-- Jeff Berner
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk