[Gllug] Computer Scrounge

Rob Crowther robertc at boogdesign.com
Wed Aug 4 08:09:31 UTC 2004

farnsaw at stonedoor.com wrote:
> probably will be doing NO upgrades to this hardware I feel it needs
> to be fast enough to last them several years.

You are assuming then that they will be capable of upgrading their
software but not their hardware?  Why, in several years, would they be
running different software to what you're installing on it for them in
the first place?

All the machines I have of that sort of spec at work and at home are
still in regular use, though I might be able to get hold of a monitor
next month as work are buying some new flat screens.

Rob
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk