[Gllug] Re: Phone unlocking

David Abbishaw David at Abbishaw.com
Wed Aug 4 04:42:40 UTC 2004

Rich, I've also used this website to unlock a number of phones, again free
but does require some windows software depending on your model.

http://www.unlockme.co.uk/dct4unlocking.html

>People like: http://www.unlock123.com will apparently allow me to
>unlock my Orange Nokia phone (not that I've used them, nor am I
>recommending them).
>
>You type in the IMEI, phone model, and crucially your credit card
>number, and it gives you a number that you tap into the phone.
>
>This suggests that there's a simple algorithm involved for converting
>IMEI + model -> code.  Is this so?  Is there free software out there
>for doing this?
>
>Rich.
>
>--
>Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://www.j-london.com/
>Merjis Ltd. http://www.merjis.com/ - improving website return on investment
>C2LIB is a library of basic Perl/STL-like types for C. Vectors, hashes,
>trees, string funcs, pool allocator: http://www.annexia.org/freeware/c2lib/

For what it's worth I recently bought an Orange Nokia 7210 phone and
found the online site http://www.uniquephones.com/unlock/index.php
unlocked it nicely (at no cost).

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk