[Gllug] DVD-RAM as backup device?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Tue Aug 24 19:52:27 UTC 2004

I'm currently re-configuring a Linux box to take to work (school)
because all we're provided with there is W98.

Looking for a means to back up the machine whilst there (and out of
reach of my DLT drive) I'm tempted by a DVD-RAM drive I have kicking
about.  Media for this are about 3 GBP for 4.7 GB so I could easily
afford a few.

I'm picturing something like the backup software iomega used to provide
with their zip drives.  Cumulative backup on a cycle of maybe 6 pieces
of media.  Anyone know of any software for Linux which would do this?

Any other suggestions?

TIA,
John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk