[Gllug] Cygwin problems or X problems?

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 09:52:37 UTC 2004

I using cygwin over SSH to remotely operate kmail and, after some sort of
freeze/crash with an X app I am having all sorts of problems.

Essentially I can no-longer paste from the windows box into the X apps. I acn
longer even launch oo writer by clicking on attachments - it gives me a
message that klauncher can not be contacted by DCOP.

The SSH server is 300 miles away and if I reboot it will be assigned a new IP
address and I won't know what that is!

I have rebooted the windows end of all this and that has made a little bit of
an improvement (I can save attachments now).

Any idea as to how to fix this?

Adrian
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk