[Gllug] It's August so what about a willy-waving contest (SpamAssassin)?

Stig Brautaset stig at brautaset.org
Fri Aug 13 11:07:55 UTC 2004

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 11:00:02AM +0100, John Winters wrote:
> For those of you who run SpamAssassin, what's the highest score you've
> achieved on an item of incoming mail?  A quick "grep | sort" throws up
> my best entry as 44.3.

The highest one I could find in my archive of spam was 44.1[*]. I've
since started rejecting anything with a score over 10 after DATA on the
smtp level. However, my rejectlog says that the highest score it has
rejected is thirty something (can't remember exact number now).

[*] I have vague memories of seeing higher scores than this, but I can't
    remember for sure.

> As a subsidiary contest, what's the highest you've had on a message
> which turned out to be non-Spam?  My highest (and indeed, only instance
> of a false positive) was scored by BT with their e-billing notification
> scoring 5.3.

Uh, this I don't know. Just over 5 I think. Though, the non-spam-ness
was questionable...

Stig
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk