[Gllug] Re: Any bank not in the dark ages?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Fri Aug 20 10:26:27 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 11:14, Ian Norton wrote:
[snip]
> we also have a mortgage with them, this however I would not reccomend,
> its not cheap,

Anyone who has any kind of standard mortgage should review and change
it.  I just checked mine (which has recently reverted to "standard
variable rate") and found that my provider would give me 1% off the rate
just for asking for it - no penalties, no tie-in.

I went on and looked further with the result that (all being well) my
monthly expenditure on mortgage is going to be better than halved.

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk