[Gllug] Computer Scrounge

farnsaw at stonedoor.com farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Mon Aug 2 14:41:17 UTC 2004

Hello,
  I am attempting to help a neighboring family who cannot afford a computer or
internet access to obtain both.  I will supply the internet access via my
personal net connection and a computer via donation and/or scavenge.  If anyone
has something along the lines of a 1 Ghz or faster machine (or at least not
slower than 700 Mhz) or parts of said machine I would appreciate an email.
While this doesn't need to be a powerhouse of a machine, I feel that it should
not be a snail since they cannot afford a computer today, they will not be able
to afford an upgrade anytime soon.

  I am also asking other people I know as well as another LUG (Edinburgh Linux
Users Group) for help.

  Don't go ripping apart your computer for me or any machine for that matter,
but if you are going to get rid of a computer that would do, please let me know.

Thank you,

Andrew Farnsworth
farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk