[Gllug] Domain Registery of America

NorthLondon John northlondonjohn at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 10:13:59 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've just received a "Domain Name Expiration Notice" by snail mail from
the "Domain Registry of America" for a domain registered with UKFSN.

It's very official-looking, but obviously a scam. I did a quick google
and came up with:

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2003/12/domainreg.htm

It strikes me that DROA have reworded their scam letters to comply with
the word (if not the spirit) of the law - they do say "This notice is
not a bill."

They give an address in London: 56 Gloucester Rd, suite 526, sw7 4ub.

Has anyone heard of these people before? Had any dealings? Taken any
action?

TIA

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk