[Gllug] NFS tunnelled over SSH/ port rediection

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue Aug 24 10:45:24 UTC 2004

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 11:11:15AM +0100, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> Maybe this is crackers, but is it possible to do this in any way to
> do this to beat NAT?

Yes, but it's tricky.

I did this using some software which proxied SunRPC calls over a TCP
connection.  Then I got that software to proxy to "localhost" which
happened to be a port which was tunnelling over ssh.

Ah, and this was 5 years ago and the proxy software doesn't exist any
longer as far as I'm aware.  I can dig it out from an old copy of my
CVS repository if you want.

Rich.

If I have not seen as far as others, it is because I have been
standing in the footprints of giants.  -- from Usenet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk