[Gllug] Phone unlocking

Richard Cohen vmlinuz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 13:49:57 UTC 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 09:38:23 +0100, Huw Lynes <huw-l at moving-picture.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 08:59:28 +0100
> Jonathan Dye <jon at pecorous.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Huw Lynes wrote:
> > > Except for their flagrant disregard of OBEXftp in favour of SynchML which
> > > makes getting files off your mobile under linux a pain in the arse. My
> > > 6600 is the last phone I shall be buying off Nokia.
> >
> > Hmm, I'm just about to recieve a phone which uses SynchML, are there any
> > programs for linux which will sync with it at all?  I'm not too worried
> > because the phone is free so I'm not going to complain but it would be
> > nice to do transfers to/from it.
>
> If it's not a nokia it might support both SynchML and OBEXftp in which case
> use the latter under linux. I spent most of the weekend digging around for
> SynchML support under linux and couldn't find any. Of course that doesn't mean
> it doesn't exist. There is a simple program called obexserver under linux that
> allows you to use OBEXpush to send files from your mobile to the computer but
> I couldn't get it to compile and I get the impression that no-one has looked
> at it in quite a while.
>
> On a happier note Bluetooth worked pretty much out of the box on my fedora 3t1
> box. kdebluetooth really worked out of the box, allows you to browse your
> bluetooth devices in konqueror.

Not that I've used it a whole lot, but multisync
(http://multisync.sf.net) claims to sync a whole bunch of things,
including SyncML.  Oh, and I have had a bunch of OBEX stuff working at
various times over the past couple of years...

To be honest, I've read some of the SyncML specs, and it didn't look
like it would be too hard to implement some of it myself, given enough
urge to scratch my itch... I do understand there may be some slightly
dodgy licensing issues with it, however.

Cheers
Richard
P.S. Hi from (about to go to ) LinuxWorld in SF! :-)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk