[Gllug] [OT] Unlocking Mobile Phone

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Dec 8 12:33:56 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 12:29:34PM -0000, Wiehe, Simon wrote:
> Does anyone know anything about unlocking mobile phones ?

What sort of phone is it?

> Is it illegal to unlock a mobile phone ?

Certainly not!  Although I'm sure the networks would like it to be ...

> Can anyone recommend a good company to use (as the mobile provider wants a
> years rental to unlock the phone) ?

You can usually do it yourself (see first question above).

> They all ask for the IMEI number to unlock, is this information something that
> should be guarded ?

Not that I'm aware of.

> Does anyone know of an algorithm to generate unlock codes ?

Depends on the make and model of phone (see first question).

Rich.

--
Richard Jones.  http://www.annexia.org/  http://www.j-london.com/
http://winwinsales.co.uk/ - CRM consultancy