[Gllug] Simple blog software for noobs

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri Dec 24 14:35:56 UTC 2004

Hi folks.

I use blosxom for my personal blog.  I love it because it's free,
simple, extensible, one Perl script and uses the filesystem as its
database.

My partner has just expressed interest in having her own blog.  Problem
is, blosxom requires a little more tech savvy than she could be bothered
getting.  She'd need to learn how to use a text editor, write HTML blah
blah blah.

So I've looked into some of the blosxom plugins for doing stuff.  There
seems to be some that will allow you to create a blog entry from a web
page.  Fine.  However the HTML issue seems a little more intractable.
There are a few wiki-ish plugins, but none of them seem to work (the
kwiki one has a syntax error in the "use" statement, for starters, and
seems to do nothing when that is corrected) or require large amounts of
other software (python?!?!?).

So can anyone suggest a blogging system that shares the simplicity of
blosxom but also allows for non-HTML typed data entry via a web browser?
Perl preferred.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Just because you're on holiday, doesn't mean you're not a geek.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

 "To retain respect for sausages and laws, one must not
  watch them in the making."
- Otto von Bismarck