[Gllug] ``Confidential'' .sigs [Was: hosts.conf/nsswitch.conf

Jan Minar jjminar at FastMail.FM
Thu Dec 2 19:43:35 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 03:40:47PM -0000, Davies Sue wrote:
> I've been watching on and off during the day and this seems really silly.
> The person who started it has kept quiet, I assume they are watching
> everyone argue with each other and find it quite amusing.  I have had
> abusive mail from this person too.

Hahaha, it's really interesting what pops-out during the flames, as
someone other mentioned earlier... but *Abusive*? WTF???... oh, wait:

>>> Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 05:06:37 +0000
>>> From: Jan Minar <jjminar at FastMail.FM>
>>> To: Davies Sue <sue.davies at lbbd.gov.uk>
>>> Subject: Re: Out of Office AutoReply: [Gllug] Re: Cygwin/X and RPM?
>>>
>>> Who the f*** cares, cretin?

This is what I would call an appropriate reaction, rather.  Again, this
type of reaction is opt-in (i.e., it's triggered by Your sending stupid
auto-replies with stupid corp.sigs, repeatedly, to a list You had to
subscribe to by hand, etc...).

If You feel intimidated, though, just ask me, and I'll filter some/all
of the messages You happen to send me, so there'll be no reason for me
to (over)react.

Sincerely,
--
 )^o-o^|    jabber: rdancer at NJS.NetLab.Cz
 | .v  K    e-mail: jjminar FastMail FM
 `  - .'     phone: +44(0)7981 738 696
  \ __/Jan     icq: 345 355 493
 __|o|__Minář  irc: rdancer at IRC.FreeNode.Net