[Gllug] Address range on D-link 300G+ modem

Henrik Morsing henrik.morsing at camelotinteractive.com
Tue Dec 7 10:07:20 UTC 2004

I'm in trouble with my ADSL line. I know it's not directly a Linux problem
but can I ask anyway?
Because of work requirements I got a four address range from my ISP. Had
until now just had one static address. Well, my modem (which basically is an
DHCP activated bridge thingy) picks up the first address correctly (.233)
but says the following address (.234) is the PPP address at my ISP. This
doesn't work.
My ISP won't help and all they said was that I had to specify the addresses
to my modem instead of letting it negotiating it. I don't think it can do
that and wouldn't know the PPP address anyway.

Can anyone tell me where the problem lies here or how to fix it? It would be
much appriciated (worth a few pints at the next meet).

Cheers
Henrik Morsing

The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential. It is intended
only for the use of the named recipient. If you are not the named recipient
please delete this e-mail. If you have received this e-mail and are not the
named recipient, any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other
dissemination or use of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly
prohibited.
E-Mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as
incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which
arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please
request a hard copy version.
Registered Office:
Camelot Group plc
Tolpits Lane